Family law matters are vitally important to most people’s wellbeing, so we take them very seriously at Tri-Cities Family Law. Though relevant topics such as the prevalence of divorce can be exaggerated, millions of families are faced with legal decisions regarding their most important relationships annually.
The following are some eye-opening statistics regarding the state of issues related to family law in the United States:
- It’s not true that half of all marriages end in divorce. However, an estimated 39% do, meaning more than a third of American marriages fail.
- In 2013, 26.6% of all children aged 21 or younger lived in families with only one of their parents while the other parent lived elsewhere. Just less than half (48.1%) of all Black children lived in the same situation.
- That same year, 1 in every 6 custodial parents (the one with primary custody) were fathers.
- 14.8 million families were being raised by single mothers in 2018.
- In fact, the United States has the highest share of single-parent households in the world.
The ending of a relationship and the issues that surround a long term couple breaking up can be profound, especially if they share children or valuable assets. We understand the complex variety of emotions and challenges that surround family law issues, which is why we provide professional yet personable representation to our clients going through such ordeals.
Compassionate & Comprehensive Legal Consul That Gets Results
Our Tri-Cities Family Law attorney and legal team provide representation that is both efficient and considerate because we know how deeply divorce, abuse, custody, and other difficult family law issues can affect our clients. No two cases are alike, and neither do all people handle such issues the same way, so we always tailor our representation to meet each client’s specific needs. Whether you prefer us to offer counsel only when you need it and want a more hands-on collaborator working by your side throughout the entire legal process, we will provide the patient, comprehensive, and honest representation you and your family deserve.
Contact the family law attorney at Tri-Cities Family Law now to learn more during a confidential, no-obligation consultation.